We can’t fast track networks on our own!!!
The world is changing. The next generation of fibre, 5G and the electric vehicle boom demands a new level of connectivity. Population growth and ambitious plans for new housing will require a huge investment in the water, gas and power networks too.
To meet the rising demand for our services we’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team. You’ll bring us your skills, experience and ‘can do’ attitude. And in return you’ll get to work for a family business, with a favourable remuneration package and a commitment to invest in your training and career progression.
Reports to: Workshop Manager
Location: Newent, Gloucestershire
Role purpose To apply the trade and skills of a Vehicle Mechanic/Fitter for the maintenance of vehicles and plant, assist in the provision of an effective and efficient service provided by Complete Utilities Workshop
- Served a recognised Vehicle Repair apprenticeship
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of Hydraulics, Diesel Engines and Vehicle Electrics
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance systems
- English and Maths GCSE at Grade C or equivalent
- Good ICT skills and ability to move forward with future technology
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good time management skills
- Be hard working and conscientious with the ability to motivate
- Ability to prioritise workload and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure that repairs are completed within target times
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Show good initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team without constant supervision
- Hold a valid driving license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide safe, reliable and cost effective repair, assembly, maintenance and modification of vehicles, machinery, tools and equipment used in Complete Utilities operations.
- Vehicle, plant and machinery maintenance - diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them;
- Check drawings, repair manuals or parts catalogues as necessary;
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts per specifications;
- Inspect, diagnose, maintain, repair and replace civil plant as necessary;
- Identify defective equipment and plan repairs in a timely manner; repair, replace and clean equipment and components.
- Work site participation - conduct work site risk assessment and identification of work limitations;
- Evaluate primary vehicle and equipment condition prior to undertaking the work;
- Complete required checklists, job cards and time sheets accurately and on time;
- Provide advice and technical support to team members and contractors as and when required;
- Assist in developing and fostering a positive team culture and outlook;
- Share information with others in the team and appropriately escalate issues as well as potential business opportunities and/or areas for improvement as they arise;
- Ensure delivery of the highest practical level of quality of work practices and outcomes;
- Complete and ensure adherence to all legally required compliance sheets;
- Ensure work practices are within Complete Utilities Services policy and adhere to service specifications.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to required working standard, including assigned vehicles;
- Report any repair or malfunction issues to Supervisor and/or arrange repairs, check-ups, and service as scheduled;
- Correctly clean and store all equipment and tools at the end of each shift.
- Identify and manage safety hazards and communicate them to others;
- Maintain work areas in a tidy condition ensuring walkways and aisles are free of obstruction;
- Report incidents, close calls or accidents immediately;
- Ensure use of appropriate resources, tools and personal protective equipment to do the job required
- Comply with Complete Utilities risk management and HSE systems including statutory obligations.
Please contact HR@completeutilities.co.uk if you have any questions regarding the job role or would like to see the full job description.