The health and safety advisor is an essential role within the site health and safety team, supporting to win the confidence, and hearts and minds of a large and complex food manufacturing site, in order to embed the right behaviours and create a ‘safety first’ culture.
This is a hands-on role supporting the health and safety manager in addressing, designing, planning and implementing overall site health and safety. Helping to implement, monitor and maintain an effective occupational health and safety management system,
- Maintain and protect health and safety standards and influence safe behaviours
- Advising the business of the current safety issues and supporting the business to meet its legal requirements
- Investigate and record incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Identifying potential hazards
- Designing, implementing and embedding of internal policies and procedures
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable track record of achievement in a health and safety role
- Persistence, determination and the ability to use initiative
- The ability to work well with others with a professional attitude
- Good attention to detail
- Level 3 health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH
- IOSH managing safely
- Legal knowledge including court procedures and government regulations
- Ability to design training courses
- Ability to work in an environment of constantly changing demands
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young’s Seafood, is now one of the UK’s leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.