An opportunity has arisen to run and co-ordinate the quality management system aspect of the business and will be one of the key food safety and quality champions for the site.
The quality systems manager will be responsible for the implementation, development and maintenance of the food safety quality management system that meets all current legislation, codes of practise, customer requirements and relevant business needs.
- Establishing and maintaining the food safety quality management system
- Providing direction and support to the team and facilitating their performance and development
- Management of site technical and customer reports including:
- Ensuring production of information for management reports
- Ensuring successful completion of retailer KPI reports with any substantiating action plans
- Promoting a safety culture within the department through continuously identifying opportunities for improvement and potential risk areas
- Management of document control and records management systems by:
- Ensuring all paperwork is updated in response to any produce and/or process changes as appropriate
- Coordinating the correct training of updated and new procedures with the site training manager
- Support the new product development (NPD) function in relation to new product launches and product changes
- Managing the relationship with statutory authorities and government agencies
- Actively promote best practice and encourage teams to adapt to change
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally solid experience or working in FMCG food manufacturing
- Degree level qualification in food science (or similar) is preferred or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in a quality and/or technical management role and demonstratable experience of providing technical support to management teams
- Experience of managing positive relationships with customer specifically retailers
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Possessing drive, energy and resilience
- Ability to balance different workloads whilst analyzing and improving systems, procedures and processes-driven work
- Understanding of key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Ability to facilitate meetings and deliver technical training
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year (including bank)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.