Multi Skilled Shift Engineer
Shift pattern: 4on4off 12-hour day shifts (6am-6pm)
An opportunity has arisen to be part of a well-established and knowledgeable engineering team of 5. The role will involve reactive and planned maintenance of fast-paced production lines whilst maintaining process equipment and planned service procedures.
- Maintaining process equipment, planned service procedures and preventative maintenance reporting
- Working with a team to efficiently maintain 16 production lines
- Take ownership of equipment and ensure that it is maintained to an appropriate standard
- Minor maintenance refrigeration works, air compressors and washdown systems
- Undertake project work and effectively work with your team towards continuous improvement
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- FMCG industry experience ideally within Food however other fast paced manufacturing industries considered
- Approved engineering apprenticeship or equivalent/NVQ level 3 or higher
- 17th edition electrical qualification essential (preferably 18th)
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience of computerized maintenance management systems (ideally CMMS)
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK’s leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.