The role of Team Leader is to support the Management Team with the day-to-day operation of the warehouse, responsible for a group of operators, ensuring an efficient warehouse operation to achieve pre- agreed business targets
• Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which can fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets.
• Train new warehouse operatives within area of responsibility.
• Ensure that any computerised or automated systems are accurate and up to date.
• Identify improvements and make recommendations for change.
• Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse, and where appropriate elevate the issue to a more senior level.
• Assist the Operations Manager in planning future capacity requirements.
• Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of products and materials is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures.
• Ensure that vehicles, machinery, and equipment are well maintained and fit for purpose.
• Ensure staff comply to health, safety and environmental regulations and work safely to protect themselves and others in the warehouse environment.
• Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency.
• Manage time and attendance for operatives within area of responsibility and support Management Team with people management issues.
• Communicate with staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets, and operational requirements.
• Report progress updates, key achievements, and any concerns to the Management Team.
• Must be physically fit.
• Confident, methodical, and robust in management style.
• Solid man management and communication skills to develop good working relations.
• Positive attitude towards work and staff engagement.
• Strong organisational skills and able to multitask.
• Ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Knowledge and experience of health and safety procedures.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50 per hour
To keep the minimal contact with the environment and keep everyone away from touching everything gloves will be provided to the workers