Personal Assistant - Social Care and Health Care
Personal Care Assistants Required - Social Care and Healthcare
Job title: Personal Care Assistant Talent Pool
Hours: Various – Dependent upon needs of client
Rates of pay: Various
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
PeoplePlus support people who are in receipt of a ‘Direct Payment’ or a ‘Personal Healthcare Budget’. We are currently looking for individuals who can support people with assessed care needs to live independently in their own home or to support them to access the community in the Newcastle area.
Part of the support we assist people with is to recruit Personal Care Assistants and we are constantly trying to develop our Personal Care Assistant Talent Pool. Giving people who are interested in care work possible job opportunities that match their skills, experience, attributes and availability, while also providing our clients with more choice of care workers who could potentially support them to meet their individual assessed needs.
If you are a Personal Care Assistant looking for work, feel you have the right attributes, or you are looking for an alternative career in care you can register on our Talent Pool using the link below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are interested in joining our PA Portal and one of our team will be in touch.
Remember to quote reference “TP/001/TP” when emailing.
Working as a Personal Care Assistant:
You will need to be caring and passionate with a focus on supporting individuals to remain living as independently as possible in their own homes or support them to access their local community.
**Some vacancies may be subject to a DBS check
What are Personal Care Assistants?
A Personal Care Assistant (PA) is someone employed to provide support with daily living tasks. The nature of this support is determined by their individual assessed needs.
This may include some of the following:
- Personal care
- Engaging in social activities in their local community
- Accompanying people to appointments
- Accompanying people to medical appointments
- All aspects of everyday living
- Meal preparations
- Medication administration
The benefits of working as a PA:
- Working on a one to one basis to help build personalised care
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible working hours based on needs of the client; hours can vary as to when support is required.
- You can apply for more than one vacancy and work for more than one employer
- Experience not necessarily required as full training can be provided by the employer