We are currently recruiting for a Physiotherapist to join our existing team here at Westmead, Braunton EX33 responsible for the implementation and continuation of physiotherapy programmes identified in customer person centred plans (PCPs). Responsible for liaising with other professional agencies in relation to the provision of physiotherapy services. Responsible for line managing therapy assistants (where applicable).
Responsibilities for this role include:
* To provide an appropriate programme of physiotherapy for existing and new customers and encourage active participation in therapy sessions
* To provide a holistic and objective assessment of physiotherapy needs for all customers.
* To maintain and further the independence of customers by use of appropriate physiotherapy.
* To be involved in the admission process of each customer, contributing to their PCPs, as well as attending annual reviews and provision of reports, as and when necessary.
* To liaise with the respective Primary Health Care service (such as Community Physiotherapist and/or Occupational Therapist) in the in the assessment and provision of specialist equipment.
* To liaise with appropriate staff regarding physiotherapy issues and recommendations to ensure the best continuity of support for customers in line with their PCPs.
* To ensure that all physiotherapy equipment and facilities (including therapy pools where present) are maintained in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and Valorum Care procedure.
* To provide education and training for staff, volunteers, customers and family, as appropriate, including advising on safe moving, handling and transfer techniques and assisting with risk assessments.
* To support & facilitate customer communication with their relatives, friends, professionals and other members of staff, in order to ensure the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of support.
* To maintain comprehensive and confidential physiotherapy records, including recording any recommendations that will involve support staff participation.
* To liaise with social workers, health authorities, Social Services, doctors, nurses, etc, where appropriate.
* To work within professional code of conduct and organisational policy and guidance.
* To facilitate the continuing development of physiotherapy provision at the service, seeking assistance from Valorum Care and other colleagues, internally or externally.
* To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
* To comply with VC and any local safeguarding & mental capacity act (MCA) policies and procedure.
* To work within the regulatory compliance requirements applicable at the respective service.
* To maintain an awareness of individual customer risk assessments relating to specific support needs, for example, dysphagia, mobility & safety.
Key competencies & skills
It will be evident to us that you have a clear passion for care and do genuinely care for the individuals within our services. We offer a competitive salary; extensive training and we will support you through your journey with Valorum every step of the way.
If you think that you would be a perfect fit for this role, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you soon!