Nelson Distribution, a part of the KNP Group, are a leading privately owned 3rd party transport and logistics company with decades of experience and a strong reputation for quality and efficiency in the shared user and dedicated transport solutions industry in the UK and Worldwide.
Due to our continued growth and success we have a vacancy for a Transport Administrator based at our customer’s site in Sutton in Ashfield. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is able to work on their own initiative alongside being part of a bigger team.
We can offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, contributory pension, life assurance and enrolment in our cash back health care scheme.
The main responsibilities of the Transport Administrator include:
- Liaison with drivers, the customer, and partners.
- Creating and updating load Manifests
- Booking in deliveries with customers.
- Entering/Updating jobs onto the transport management system.
- Proactive tracking of jobs ensuring the customer is always aware of the status of their delivery.
- Resolution of any delivery issues.
- Preparation of any transport jobs and paperwork as and when required.
- Adherence to all agreed daily deadlines.
The essential qualities of the Transport Administrator include:
- Self-motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic.
- Excellent organisational skills and keen eye for detail.
- Accurate, flexible and committed to finishing any assigned task.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Knowledge of Tachograph regulations/legislation and other RSA legislation (preferred but not essential)
If your skills match the above then we would like to hear from you so please press apply.