We are looking to recruit Support Workers for complexes to support young adults with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
We provide flexible, practical and emotional support to individuals enabling them to promote and maintain independence in their lives.
- Providing practical support for individuals and their families, such as helping with household tasks, personal care and paperwork.
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and temperature checks.
- Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
- Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
- Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
- Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping or maintaining their housing tenancy.
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
- Working with other professionals, such as doctors and therapists, to ensure consistency of support.
- Analysing an individual’s needs and drawing up a focused support plan.
- Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared interests, such as hobbies and outings.