Your browser is unsupported!

Update your browser to view this website correctly

Firefox logo Chrome logo Safari logo Opera logo


£10.80 - £11.80 per hour & bonus
0 - 28 / per week - Part-Time

A self-employed support worker is required to work with a 13 year old boy in Hove, Brighton for 16.5 hours per week during school term time and 28 hours per week during school holidays, of these 7 hours are on weekends. Rates are for weekday hours £10.80 per hour and for weekend hours £11.80 per hour.

My son has a charismatic personality, he is charming, sweet, and affectionate and well presented. He has learning disabilities with health conditions and is non-verbal. The PA will be required to give a break to the parent. Some of the work will be delivered at the family home which is warm, cosy and child centred with a cat pet. My son uses a wheelchair some / part of the time.

PA criteria:

Punctual, reliable, responsible, committed to the job and the child.

If you have a driver’s licence the carer will have access to transport child in his motability car

Experience working with young children and idea of working with children with disabilities a of working with children with disabilities

Open to learning about child’s care and medical needs

Able to work at family home

Able to take child out & about and manage behaviour when in public

Honest, able to act on their own initiative and be independent

PA tasks

Support with personal care and hygiene

Support with dressing and undressing

Support with food and drinks

Support with medications as and when required

Push a wheelchair with a child in it

Support child with playing with specialist disability toys and assistance with using ipad

Maintain child’s safety at all times.

Take child out & about and to places of interest.

Reading to child (stories, books…)

Parent will offer induction at the start and training on various aspects of the job. Please bear in mind this is not a baby-sitting job and also note this is not a cash-in-hand job.


Self-employed should provide own insurance, DBS check for working with children and HMRC self- employed registration.