£26,317 per annum, NJC SP 22
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
Fixed term until 30 June 2021, with possible extension until March 2022
£26,317, NJC SP 22
Company Pension Scheme
Clarendon Chambers, Nottingham, NG1 5JD. Various Nottingham(shire) outreach locations.
37.5 hours per week, worked Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Nottinghamshire Sexual Violence Support Services (Notts SVS Services) are recruiting an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) to join our team in Nottingham.
- The role is to offer practical support to anyone aged 18 years and over who has experienced sexual violence/abuse.
- To work within a multi-agency setting to assist survivors/victims to access appropriate services such as housing, benefits, health services etc.
- To support those who wish to report to the Police, through the criminal justice process, including liaising with the Police and any other criminal justice agency.
- Develop in conjunction with the survivor/victim an individual outcome-focused support plan and risk management plan to address risk and support needs.
- Provide face to face, online and telephone support to survivors/victims and their supporters.
- Support partnership working between the survivor/victim and statutory agencies.
- To signpost/refer to appropriate support agencies
- To support survivors/victims (where appropriate) through the criminal justice system.
Essential experience, qualifications and skills
- To have extensive experience of working with adult victims and survivors as an ISVA, counsellor, support worker, crisis worker or similar role.
- Ability to understand and manage trauma responses, with experience of using ground techniques where appropriate.
- Experience of completing risk assessments and making safeguarding referrals.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System and ability to support survivors where appropriate.
- To be able to travel around the County and be flexible as to working some unsociable hours, when necessary.
Further information or requirements
- Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed in order to fully apply for this post.
- Applicants will need to be able to travel around the county and be flexible as to working some unsociable hours, when necessary.
- A full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle are a requirement of this role.
- Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check
Closing Date: 21st May
Interview Date: 9th June