Air IT are seeking an experienced and technical Infrastructure Engineer to join our established Professional services team. We have an ambitious vision, unique values and an exciting story to tell. People are our greatest asset and we only employee the right people, making sure our employees love what they do and always deliver at their best.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for planning, managing and deploying IT and communications projects, ensuring clients are satisfied and their expectations met. There will also be a responsibility to provide user training and support to ensure that projects are delivered in line with customer requirements.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Infrastructure Engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for technology and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- To install IT and communications systems in line with specifications in order to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met, and that systems are fully secure.
- Install customers infrastructure including virtual and physical servers, networking configuration and backups .
- Provision of new hardware and software where required
- To deliver technical projects in a timely manner, meeting agreed timescales
- To ensure client data is accurately maintained.
- To manage all projects effectively to ensure that clients are kept up to date with progress
- To set up the appropriate client site documentation for each client at point of on-boarding, ensuring all required information is captured prior to handover.
- To participate as and when required in out of hours’ systems updates and maintenance, to ensure disruption to clients’ systems is kept to a minimum.
Interested? You will need:
- Experience of working for a managed IT service provider
- Experience of administrating, supporting and maintaining business system networks based on Microsoft technologies
- Experience of supporting, configuring and deploying/migrating the following systems/applications:
- Windows Server operating systems (2008-2019)
- Microsoft Windows Hyper-V/VMware vSphere and vCentre
- Active Directory, Windows Server and related server roles (IIS/RDS/DFS/NPS)
- Failover Clustering including shared storage technologies (iSCSI/SAS/FC)
- Remote Desktop Services deployments including HA configurations
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010-2019
- Office 365/Microsoft 365 additional services (experience of email migrations, InTune deployment, Azure Information Protection and related technologies, Azure AD join, AD Connect, SharePoint Online)
- Microsoft Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies (creating and managing virtual machines, networking, backup & DR)
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, and IaaS/SaaS platforms (Azure essential, AWS desirable)
- Multi-Factor-Authentication and conditional access setup and configuration for Office 365 and related technologies
- Backup technologies (StorageCraft, Veeam and Datto preferable)
- Switching & routing including VLANs and networking technologies (TCP/IP, VPN,DHCP,DNS, SSL)
- Firewalling/Networking and related technologies (Sophos UTM/XG, WatchGuard, HP Aruba & Cisco Meraki preferable)
- Identity and Access Management
- Setting up and Supporting of Mobile Devices
- Appropriate Microsoft certifications
- Current and valid driving license
- GSCE Maths and English or equivalent