Trainee Traffic Management Operative
Starting hourly rate depending on age rising to £9.50 p/h after training complete.
Complete Utilities are working in partnership with an independent traffic management company operating throughout South West England. They are currently looking to recruit Trainee Traffic Management Operatives. Trainee Traffic Management Operatives will work as part of a team that installs, maintains, and removes Temporary Traffic Management Systems. The role will involve the deployment of cones, signs, frames, sandbags and other Traffic Management equipment from a vehicle on both High Speed (>50 mph) and Low Speed roads. Successful candidates will be expected to work long and unsociable hours and in all weathers. This is a manual position where you will be required to be physically fit to undertake all aspects of the role. This position affords plenty of opportunity for significant overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be part of a team Installing, Maintaining and removing Temporary Traffic Management Systems.
- Available to work both day and night shifts.
- Operate in all weather conditions.
- Work on high speed and low speed highways.
- Weekend work may be needed.
- You will be trained up to receive full Lantra accredited qualifications
- Pay rise to £9.50p/h after completion of Lantra course
- Streetwork's ticket course
- Work vehicle proved after completion of induction
- Opportunity to work overtime.
- On call payment on rotation with staff after training
- Time and a half pay over 50 hours per week
Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold a full UK Driving license.
- Be available to work a variety of hours and in all weather conditions.
- Team Player
- Willing to get involved