Tarmac Team Leader
Tarmac Team Leader
Role purpose: Reinstate tarmac work in the footways, carriageway and on the private.
- Meet the requirement for a hard-working individual, understand the intense hours demanded in the role.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels and to build relationships with clients and colleagues and member of the public.
- Competent IT skills to send emails/photos from the company issued tablet.
- Excellent eye for detail, ability to spot defects, poor workmanship and potential complaints.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence.
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions.
- Hold an in-date NRSWA operatives’ ticket.
- Hold a valid driving license.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 3 photos of every patch completed, one of depths, one with edges painted and one of completed reinstatement. (sent on the same email). Job reference put in the subject of the email. This must be sent within 15 minutes of work completion.
- Measure, depth and extra changes are shared in the email. Phone call made before attempting the work.
- Lining and anti-skid put back (even if not on the job card), informing the planner for us to claim.
- Measures broken down to 2 decimal places.
- All SLG setup and maintained according to red book or best practice at all times.
- Barriers either left around reinstatement when complete or stacked neatly with barriers protecting the ‘nest’.
- Site swept up and free from debris upon leaving site.
- Complete Utilities reinstatement method statement to be adhered to at all times, using correct company policy techniques.
- Order numbers used correctly, and directly match the PO.
- No blameworthy customer complaints regarding behaviour/language/working practice.
- Correct PPE worn at all times.
- Risk assessments either created or signed on to at every site. Relevant REF67 forms also filled in where applicable for Wales & West sites. This is brought daily and checked over with an admin clerk
- Gate check/audit/defect book filled out every morning before leaving the yard.
- All paper work to be brought in daily, worksheet to be de-briefed with the planner.
- Defects/workman-ship issues to a minimum, no more than 1 blameworthy per quarter. This will also be rectified without payment from CU
- Vehicle to be cleaned of any spoil material daily, inside and outside the vehicle cleaned at least once a week
- Clock in/out daily, and submit timesheet in the letter box by COP Monday at the latest.
- No unexplained absences.
- HAV times filled out on the back of your timesheet before handing it in on Monday