Mason Team Leader
Mason Team Leader
Role purpose: Reinstate masonry work in the footways, carriageway and on the private.
- Meet the requirement for a hard-working individual, understand the intense hours demanded in the role.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels and to build relationships with clients and colleagues and members of the public.
- Competent IT skills to send emails/photos from the company issued tablet.
- Excellent eye for detail, ability to spot defects, poor workmanship and potential complaints.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence.
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions.
- Hold an in-date NRSWA operatives’ ticket.
- Hold a valid driving license.
Duties and Responsibility
- Take photos of every patch completed, one before photo and one of completed reinstatement. (sent on the same email). 6000 number, or Gigaclear ref put in the subject of the email. This must be sent within 15 minutes of work completion.
- Measure, depth and extra changes are shared in the email. Phone call made before attempting the work.
- Measures broken down to 2 decimal places. Highlighting if we have had to renew any mason items instead of relay- giving the cost of this material.
- Customers door knocked on arrival when working In the private, work explained to them, ensuring they are happy when we leave the job. If they aren’t in, we must post a reinstatement card through their letter box.
- All SLG setup and maintained according to red book or best practice at all times.
- Complete Utilities reinstatement method statement to be adhered to at all times, using correct company policy techniques.
- Order numbers used correctly, and directly match the PO.
- No blameworthy customer complaints regarding behaviour/language/working practice.
- Correct PPE worn at all times.
- Risk assessments either created or signed on to at every site. Relevant REF67 forms also filled in where applicable for Wales & West sites. This is brought daily and checked over with an admin clerk
- Gate check/audit/defect book filled out every morning before leaving the yard.
- All paper work to be brought in daily, worksheet to be de-briefed with the planner.
- Defects/workman-ship issues to a minimum, no more than 1 blameworthy per quarter. This will also be rectified without payment from CU
- Vehicle to be cleaned of any spoil material daily, inside and outside the vehicle cleaned at least once a week
- Clock in/out daily, and submit timesheet in the letter box by COP Monday at the latest.
- No unexplained absences.
- HAV times filled out on the back of your timesheet before handing it in on Monday