Technical Services Technologist
The successful applicant will be primarily office based, working within a small, friendly team providing within technical services team. This will involve ensuring that all specifications are developed in a timely manner and adhere to current food legislation, as well as validating and correcting all internal specifications and supplier specifications to ensure that they adhere to relevant legislation.
- The maintenance of all systems and specifications to ensure all third party accreditations are adhered and consistently achieved
- Ensure all specifications either internal or external are up to date with all correct certification attached
- Assist in the creation and amendments of packaging as required
- Provide technical support to customers as required
- Maintenance of supplier approval documents
- Assist in the factory with supplier audits and customer visits as required
- Assist new product development with the development of new and existing products
- Ensure the right packaging materials are delivered to the agreed specification, at the required time and provide technical support to ensure the packaging is performing throughout the factories and supply chain
- Project manage all packaging items from product brief, keylines for artwork, specify adhesives, substrates and print processes, to ensure fit for purpose, conducting production trials, specifications and final sign off including attending suppliers first production run and deliveries in order to meet project time scales
- Provide lead in obtaining samples, quotes and benchmark prices for new packaging products required from the predetermined approved supplier list
- Monitor, review and develop supplier performance to ensure that suppliers meet our service requirements, technical specifications
- Ensure all computing systems are accurate and maintained in a timely manner
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working in the product manufacturing (ideally food) in a process management or technical role with experience of writing customer specifications
- Ideally experience of HACCP, food safety, quality manuals, codes of practice, product labelling, safety legislation and process parameters
- Understanding and ability to control the costs involved in developing a product from concept to launch to ensure feasible and viable product and packaging
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact professionally with auditors and manage effective relations with customers
- Strong project administration and coordination experience
- Ability to work in a structured and organised manner, able to prioritise effectively
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in their work
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (incl public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young’s Seafood, is now one of the UK’s leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.