Production Operative (afternoon shift)
HOURS: 15:00 – 23.00 (Monday – Friday)
HOURLY RATE OF PAY: £8.21
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, the post holder will be responsible for producing high quality product to customer specification in both a safe and timely manner.
- Working on production lines you will complete various tasks including hand weighing protein into trays (350g) and using sealing machines.
- Responsible for checking product quality, seals on trays, information on sleeves etc.
- Assist with ensuring that the production plan is delivered on a daily basis by following the production plan
- Ensure that all work instructions and procedures are followed
- Complete daily quality checks, including temperature and weight checks.
- Some roles will require completion of paperwork
- Flexibility required to work in all departments
- Ensure all waste is minimised
- Maintain high housekeeping standards and ‘clean as you go’
- Liaise with other departments where necessary to ensure that the business needs are met
- Opportunity to progress and develop with the More you Learn, More you Earn scheme
PERSON SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL:
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team
- Being able to perform repetitive tasks
- Proactively work with and provide support and assistance to supervisors and other members of the team
- A reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy as the position would involve paperwork
- A willingness to undertake training as required
- The ability to carry out physical tasks which may involve lifting (20kg)
- To be flexible in work patterns when required or if requested to work at different sites to meet the needs of the business
- To recognise, challenge and raise concerns to managers / supervisors if there is an issue with the product or machinery
- Basic awareness of quality control methods
- Experience of a production operative preferably in a fast paced food environment
- Some roles involve a level of IT proficiency which would be an advantage