Junior Onboarding Engineer
A vibrant and fast paced technology company, ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider, are seeking a Junior Onboarding Engineer to join their growing team.
Working in a team of Project Engineers, you will play a pivotal role in onboarding new IT clients. You will need to demonstrate a strong passion for customer service and technical competence to amaze our clients.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can evidence working within a project scope and to tight deadlines. You must be a clear communicator, a solid team player and live by our company values everyday - Innovation, Commitment, Community and Excellence.
- To assist in the onboard of new clients in line with business requirements and best practices to ensure a smooth transition into Service Delivery.
- To build and install workstations in line with client requirements and project deadlines.
- To support the onboarding of clients through project activities and onsite presence.
- To enter real-time activity to client accounts in a CRM system to ensure client data is accurately maintained and project tasks are up to date.
- To set up and maintain the appropriate client site documentation for each designated client, so that it is always accurate and is available for presentation to clients as and when required.
- To work as part of a team in order to assist colleagues, to cover for absences, etc. in order to ensure that Company standards are maintained and objectives met.
- To participate as and when required in out of hours’ systems updates and maintenance, as to ensure disruption to clients’ systems is kept to a minimum.
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards
Interested? You will need:
- GCSE Maths and English, or equivalent
- Knowledge of network protocols including the TCP/IP Stack
- Experience in installing, preparing and deploying MS Window servers and workstations
- Basic knowledge of MS Technologies
- Basic knowledge of supporting the following systems/applications - MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office Packages, Windows Backup Software and End user Devices (such as desktops and laptops.)
- A full UK driving license
The hours of work are 40 per week. Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the job role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wishing to establish their career in Managed Services. Alongside offering a competitive salary we will support you to grow and thrive. And to top it all off, we are also Nottinghamshire's Employer of the Year.