1st Line Service Desk Engineer
Do you have a passion for providing first-class customer service?
Do you want to work for the number one Managed Service Provider in the East Midlands?
As a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer you will be responsible for technical support and ticket resolution for a wide range of managed service customers. You will be the first point of contact for support queries and will have full responsibility for logging and handling tickets, escalations and follow ups. The role will involve fault diagnosis and resolution, providing remote and telephone support for client infrastructure and end-users.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced 1st line support engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide 1st Line diagnosis and resolution, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes
• Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation
• Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met
• Act as the first point of contact for technical issues raised
• Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and service portal and handle accordingly throughout the stages of the ticket
• Provide efficient customer service to a vast client base
• Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Interested? You will need:
• Previous experience providing 1st Line Support for a Managed Service Provider
• Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
• Experience of administering and supporting the latest Microsoft technologies
• Strong troubleshooting skills with Microsoft Office issues (2003 and onwards)
• The ability to build, configure, administer and support all versions of Windows desktops
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS with an active interest in other networking services
The hours of work are 40 per week. This is based on a rota, shifts falling between 07:30-00:00, Monday-Sunday. Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the job role.