Adult & Children Social Care Worker
Fantastic opportunities are available for Social Care Workers to join one of our teams providing care and support to children and adults with various care and support needs either in Cardiff and/ or the Vale of Glamorgan. In return, we offer competitive pay rates, flexible hours (full time, part time, evenings or weekends), free uniforms, free DBS checks, paid training, full seven day induction training, mileage paid at 25p per mile and the opportunity to undertake a QCF qualification in Health & Social Care.
We believe that staff training and development is paramount in ensuring you have all the skills, knowledge and support to provide the highest standards of care and support to children and adults with various levels of care and support needs across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, and in turn also supports you with career development and professional standing within the Social Care Sector.
The Social Care Worker’s duties will include:
- To support with personal care as detailed in the plans of the people we support
- To prepare meals, ensuring a balanced diet, undertake household and cleaning tasks, social interaction and any other tasks outlined in the individual plans
- To encourage independence, while ensuring dignity, choice and respect at all times to the people we support
- Be willing to work within the homes of the people we support, accepting different environments and varying capabilities of the people we support
The successful Social Care Worker will:
- Have a high level of initiative and empathy when working with the people we support
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels effectively and to be able to recognise changes in the needs or circumstances of the people we support
- Be flexible to travel within a community setting
- Be reliable
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team
- Be willing to undergo a full enhanced DBS check and be able to provide reference details
- Ideally have own car but not essential
This role would suit a Carer, Care Assistant, Support Worker, Domiciliary Care Assistant or Homecare Worker.
Please apply online to be considered for the Social Care Worker role.