Safety and Security training consultant
Location: Doha, Qatar
Salary: 30,000 – 40,000 Qatari Riyal/month
Advertised salary subject to conversion rates correct as of 16/07/19
Who are we…?
Stadium serves its clients with one goal in mind – keeping people safe. This is a goal we achieve through the three key parts of our business: Event Services, Training, and temporary Hostile Vehicle Mitigation.
To find out more about our story please visit www.wearestadium.com
Stadium are proud recruitment partners for the Qatari police college in preparation for Qatar 2022 world cup and as such are looking to fill the position detailed below.
Over the next few years, Qatar will host several high profile sporting events, culminating in the FIFA World Cup Finals, to be held during November and December 2022.
One of the key elements of these events is the training, monitoring and advisory roles for the personnel who have been tasked with providing a safe and secure environment for each event. This includes the Police force and the private sector.
The Security Committee at Supreme Committee for delivery and legacy, require several experienced personnel to deliver the training and provide specialist advice to several committees related to the events and the FIFA World Cup finals.
The role involves training, developing training material, providing specialist advice and support, attend meetings as required. An important element is to attend events when they occur and monitor the performance of the students and provide feedback to senior management.
- Group information session
- panel Interviews will take place in the UK around September with a view to start as soon as possible.
The role will include but not be limited to;
- Working to the agreed training program, developing this as and when appropriate
- Assisting in the development of other programs that support the Q22 security master plan
- Assist in the development and delivery of ‘Train the Trainer’ programs as necessary
- Implement and develop an assessment and accreditation process for students of all disciplines
- Assist in the delivery of exercises on Command and control and Policing/stewarding of events
- Provide subject matter expertise and mentoring of Match/Event Commanders
- Assist Commanders in the planning of events
- Ensure that good practice in the fields of Stadium safety and security are captured and disseminated to commanders and other personnel via seminars and exercises
The post holder may also be required to -
Travel nationally and Internationally as required and to assist in the development of national guidance and protocols in relation to Stadium Safety and Security.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of Football and major events
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘The Green and Purple guides’, latest editions
- An understanding of emergency service command principles, including JESSOP, Gold, Silver and Bronze command
- Occupational and operational competence as a match commander with experience of command at major events
- recent training experience and qualification (UK accredited)
- Excellent planning and communication skills
- Ability to deliver and prioritise workloads to a high standard within tight timescales
- Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity and human rights
- NVQ level 4 in Spectator Safety Management, or equivalent
- 4 years’ experience in a senior stadium management role
- Certified to teach in the lifelong learning sector or equivalent
- Extensive experience in the emergency services as a planner for major events
- Experience in testing and exercising of plans, table-top and actual
- Experience of working or knowledge of working in the Arabic sector and be familiar with the customs to be observed
- Experience of working with organisations such as FIFA, UEFA and/or Olympic Organisational Committees
- Qualified assessor
- 4 years
- Inclusive of allowances
- Tax free
- Private health insurance
- After first year, one paid return flight home including family
- Generous annual leave allowance
For further details please contact Lorraine Baillie (HR Director) on firstname.lastname@example.org