General Maintenance Assistant
We offer great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work! We are currently looking for part time General Maintenance Assistant for our Watford warehouse. In return, we can offer competitive rates of pay between £9.10-12.35 per hour, personal and career growth, a friendly and supportive work environment and great benefits including life insurance, optical and dental benefit, pension plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
We are a multi-billion dollar global membership warehouse club, with warehouses in twelve countries. We are the recognised leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
As a General Maintenance Assistant you will provide janitorial services and general maintenance of the warehouse and grounds.
Duties to include:
- Clean warehouse floors, offices, break room and restrooms by operating self-propelled floor scrubbing machinery and by sweeping, moping, spraying and wiping.
- Empties rubbish from designated areas throughout the warehouse. Operates rubbish compactor and cardboard baler.
- Checks daily schedule for assigned routine tasks and maintenance repair jobs.
- Follows safety and security procedures along with departmental standards of cleanliness
- Paints, replaces bulbs, maintains equipment and performs routine repairs throughout warehouse. Assists in building displays and fixtures.
- Maintains grounds outside warehouse including blowing leaves, picking up litter, roof checks and building maintenance. Participates in snow and ice removal.
- Drives personal vehicle to purchase supplies and parts needed for projects
- Provides prompt and courteous member service
- Assists in other areas of the Warehouse as necessary
To be suitable for the General Maintenance Assistant role you will be:
- Flexible with regards to working part time hours (minimum of 24 hours per week) between the hours of 04.00-23.00 Monday-Sunday
- Service oriented – experienced in ‘going the extra mile’
- Energetic and familiar with working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a valid drivers licence
We are an equal opportunities employer.
All Job offers are made subject to a Substance misuse test and a background check.
All Job offers are subject to a 90-day probationary period.
If you would like to join a team where the employees are the best in the Wholesale industry then please press apply now to be considered for the General Maintenance Assistant role.