Utilities Project Manager
Role purpose: Provide leadership, direction and development of all facets in the management of the Project Team. Assume full responsibility of the day to day operations of an assigned Lot within the overall project scope.
- Qualified member of a recognised Project Management institute (e.g. Prince2). Experience is a pre-requisite, but is more important if a formal qualification is not held.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Experience with all relevant Industry Standards including HAUC, NRSWA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume full control & responsibility of a Lot within the project scope.
- Ensure the Lot & Cabinet Management Plan is accurate, reviewed & updated throughout the build.
- Develop and build a cohesive relationship with all relevant departments within Complete Utilities;
- Produce a Program of works (High Level) for a Lot refining throughout the build & a detailed Program of works for each Cabinet area.
- Track build progress; document and escalate delays;
- Build a strong working relationship with the Programme Manager, Project Manager, Field Managers and Build Surveyors ensuring alignment within the team.
- Comply with the Complete Utilities Induction process.
- Direct and oversee the Build Task Order and Completed Task Order ensuring all areas from Kick off to completion are successfully delivered safe on time and on budget to the required Quality Standards.
- Maintain deadlines and deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with the Programme Manager, Project Manager, Field Manager and the Clients Deployment Managers.
- Implement and Analyse KPIs to capture Project performance with a direct focus on HSE, Quality, Cost & Production;
- Provide weekly reports & forecasts to the Project Manager.
- Participate and undertake Weekly Management HSEQ Audits to gain an understanding of issues and compliance on the ground.
- Participate in weekly meetings ensuring information is successfully captured, escalated and filtered down to the Project & Civils teams.
- Attend Senior Management Meetings.
- Undertake 6 monthly performance appraisals with Field Managers. Identify underperforming staff; follow performance management procedures, initiate disciplinary meetings.
- Assist the Programme Manager and Project Manager with HR Responsibilities
- Review Project scope and ensure all deviations/additions have been successfully captured in Complete Utilities change control process. Escalate major changes to the Project Manager; Communicate information to ensure Civils teams receive the updated information.
- Participate in the identification & development of Construction Improvements.
- Carry out any other duties that can reasonably be requested from time to time within the skills, training and experience required for this position.
- Complete Utilities offices are open from 07:00 to 17:30 (Mon-Fri); candidates would be expected to work a minimum of 45 hours a week. Working activities do extend outside of this, however overtime on weekends is negotiable.
- Full package is negotiable dependent upon experience.
Company Car, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Pension