We require a Colourist to join our team supporting the process application of paint onto vehicles by a major paint supplier in Crewe.
The position will suit an ambitious, well-educated individual who is looking for a stable career in an exciting, new environment.
- Testing colour
- Producing samples for customer
- Ensuring all products are to spec
- Colour matching and shading to meet colour targets
- Carrying out formulated paint mixing to a very high standard
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and the customer
- Maintaining a colour library
Additionally, the following skills and experience would be advantageous:
- A sound knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety regulations.
- A strong focus on process and occupational safety.
- Experience of trouble shootingand problem solving techniques
- Understanding of colour as it relates to materials and the use of both to affect designs
- Confident working under pressure with minimum supervision
- At least 2 years of industrial experience in a production facility
- To be able to apply all paint samples using manual and automatic spray application
The position will be based on 3 shifts and additional hours will be required as necessary.