System Building Products Limited are a market leading UK manufacturer of bespoke building products and systems. The Hinckley site which produces metal architectural ceiling panels and systems are looking for someone to join the team as a Manufacturing Manager. We are looking for someone with strong skills and experience in a similar role and are able to fulfil the brief below;
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Control and manage all aspects of manufacturing at the Hinckley site to ensure the following key performance measures are achieved:
1. To achieve the output figures ensuring that the agreed product mix is adhered to and that the oldest orders are completed first 2. To achieve the output figures using the agreed direct labour pool in the most efficient manner and within agreed limits for overtime working. 3. To communicate clearly and regularly with the supervision in the plant and the employees to ensure that everyone is aware of the daily/weekly and monthly priorities in order to achieve the appropriate site budgets 4. To communicate and agree priorities with planning and sales team should problems in production arise 5. To develop and implement plans and strategies to recover shortfalls in production and to work with the plant supervision to ensure these plans are implemented successfully and on time 6. To recommend ways in which the output can be improved, or costs can be reduced to improve to profitability and efficiency of the business 7. To work closely with the Director and other members of the site management team to help achieve the overall objectives of the business especially in relation to the Stafford factory which is also part of the interiors business unit. 8. To work with the plant supervision to identify poor performance and take the necessary action to correct this including carrying out disciplinary procedures as necessary. 9. To ensure that quality targets are met and corrective action is taken in a timely manner to correct faults. 10. To ensure that everyone on site follows and adheres to Health and Safety requirements and that they lead by example how people should perform their roles safely 11. To implement training and development programme for staff to ensure that we have sufficient skilled resources in key areas to be able to develop the business. 12. To develop and maintain high levels of housekeeping and organisation throughout the workplace and promote good housekeeping at every level
• Site management with full operational accountability for assets, security and safety
• Take leadership role and deputise for BU Director, as and when appropriate
Skills, abilities and characteristics:
• Previous experience of successfully managing a multi-product manufacturing unit with varying volumes and mix of work • Strong man-management skills with experience of dealing with HR Employment matters • Clear understanding of Health and Safety practices and experience of implementing and reinforcing procedures • Highly organised approach to work and able to react positively to demands from the business • Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence individuals • Computer literate and comfortable with MRP systems • Relevant operational qualifications – IOSH, Lean, Six Sigma
Hours of work are 8.45am to 5.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 3.45pm on Friday (37.5 hours per week). Benefits available include life assurance, contributory pension, employee assistance program, free car parking and drinks.
Please forward your cv and state your salary requirements.
Hours of work are 8.45am to 5.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 3.45pm on Friday (37.5 hours per week).
Benefits available include life assurance, contributory pension, employee assistance program, free car parking and drinks.