Personal Assistant with Personal Care
Ref no: MRT530206(CB) JAN 24
Personal Assistant - Up to 30+ hours per week
I am a 45 year old man living in Merthyr Tydfil; I live in an adapted bungalow due to having Cerebral Palsy, my interests include watching football, going for walks with my dog, and running a Boccia sports club. I use a wheelchair and am hoisted for all transfers. I have a dry, sarcastic sense of humour and enjoy the company of others. I am looking to employ someone to help me live independently in my own home. The work pattern will include weekday, weekend work and night shifts. There will also be an expectation to cover holiday and sickness. The post will entail providing support with personal care tasks, meal and drink preparation and domestic duties / household tasks. Ideally, we would like to find someone who is a driver, however this is not essential. Experience of using manual handling equipment is desirable.
Rate of Pay - £13.00 per hour
Days and Hours of work - Up to 30 hours per week - To be discussed / Agreed.
Tasks and Duties
- To support with personal care tasks
- Meal and drink preparation
- To support with accessing local amenities and help participate in interests and hobbies
- Drive an adapted vehicle
- Domestic duties and shopping
- Any other reasonable duties around the house.
Type Of Person Required
- Someone with a good sense of humour and similar interests
- Someone that can confidently drive a mobility van
- Someone with experience would be advantageous but willingness to learn is essential
- Someone who is outgoing but not overpowering
- Someone who is fit and active
A person with the appropriate attitude and commitment will be able to do the job.
About The job
This position requires a national insurance number.
Applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS police check at no cost to yourself.
Apply online – specifically in Google search engine, precisely enter
MRT530206(CB) where it will then take you to where you can apply.
Or alternatively please send your CV to: email@example.com quoting the reference number MRT530206(CB)
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our Service User. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplePlus.