Civil Environmental Enforcement Officer Team Manager- Dacorum
Do you enjoy working outdoors, helping people and care about your community? Do you value personal integrity and seek to challenge anti-social behaviour? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills, having worked in a security, civil enforcement, as a traffic warden or in a customer service role previously?
If yes, then you could be working alongside Dacorum Borough Council as an Environmental Enforcement Team Manager.
District Enforcement work in close partnership with many Local Authorities across the UK and are an awarding winning provider in tackling anti-social behaviour (ASB) across Britain’s parks and open spaces. With many former employees finding roles within the Council, Police or other Frontline Emergency Services, we continue to seek outstanding individuals to work as part of our growing family of Environmental Enforcement Officers.
Environmental Enforcement Officers are given designated powers by the Local Authority to investigate and detect ASB offences. When witnessing offences such as Littering, Dog Fouling, or Cycling in Prohibited Areas, Officers are required to educate offenders and deal with the criminal offences, typically via a Fixed Penalty Notice.
What can you expect as a Team Manager in our Environmental Enforcement Team?
You will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing your team, leading by example. You will be helping members of the public by conducting patrols of urban and rural areas, either on foot or via a works supplied vehicle. You will challenge those few individuals witnessed to be committing criminal offences and make a positive difference by changing the behaviour of those offenders. You will act with integrity, and without bias, as you uphold the values of the many and help to create cleaner, greener environments for all to enjoy.
- Yes, you will be issuing Fixed Penalty Notices but you won’t have individual targets as this job is about creating positive behaviour change in the local community.
- You will be challenging anti-social behaviour and providing evidence that may be used for a criminal prosecution.
- Managing your Team, you will need to ensure that evidential quality standards are maintained and that the service is delivered to the expectations of our Client.
- You will provide a high level of all-round customer service, ensuring you and your Team maintain the highest levels of public confidence.
If you are the sort of person who enjoys being on the go and has Law Enforcement or similar experience the role could be ideal for you. APPLY NOW and a recruitment colleague will be in touch.
*Law Enforcement or similar experience is essential*
We believe that working for District Enforcement is great. We are always thinking of creative ways to give more to our employees. Please find some of our current benefits below:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Up to 28 days holiday per annum (includes BH)
- Increased holiday entitlement based on length of service
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Workplace Pension
- Free Uniform
- Access to Learning & Development
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Employee Injury Insurance
Please note that due to the nature of the role, all successful candidates will go through a DBS check prior to the commencement of employment (paid by the employer) and will also have to provide satisfactory references.
Full-time Salary: £29,120 per annum