Referral Support Worker
Are you passionate about supporting vulnerable people? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Referral Worker to join our Domestic Abuse Service. You will be joining a multi service charity based in Coventry. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £24,000 plus on-call payments and a contributory pension scheme. Annual leave 26 days + bank holidays with an additional day’s leave for every 2 years of service up to a maximum of 29 days per annum. A comprehensive in-house training programme.
What We Do:
The charity has a fully trained staff team providing Supported Accommodation to victims of domestic abuse. We have an on-site Children’s Nursery that provides full day care for pre-school children. Our other services include a Complex Needs Supported Accommodation service and a Counselling service.
We are looking for a reliable and committed individual who is able to:
- To act as the first point of contact for all referrals to the Valley House Domestic Abuse (DA) Supported Accommodation and Complex Needs Service.
- To complete all initial referral and assessment processes, and setting up assessment meetings with support workers.
- To hold and manage a waiting list, maintaining regular contact with service users on the waiting list.
- To signpost and support referrals to other services where a referral is inappropriate, ensuring a “No Wrong Door” approach.
- To lead on collecting and collating all service user exit feedback.
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 3 in a related area of work and/or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience with survivors of domestic abuse.
- Experience of working with individuals and children affected by domestic abuse.
- Experience of assessing the needs and risks of people affected by domestic abuse.
- Experience of record keeping and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the difficulties faced by survivors of domestic abuse.
- Knowledge of best practice in relation to safeguarding adults and children.
- Understanding and passion for the work of Valley House.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative.
- Competent in the use of IT tools, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- To take part in an out of hours on call rota with other staff. You will need to live within a 30-minute drive to Valley House.
- Be mobile and able to travel city wide at short notice (car driver with use of a vehicle). Candidates who are not car drivers, due to a disability, will be considered.
This post requires a satisfactory DBS check.
This vacancy is open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week.
The closing date is 12 noon on Monday 19 February 2024 and interviews will be held on Friday 23rd and Monday 26 February 2024.
For more information about Valley House please visit our website www.valleyhouse.org.uk