SCADA Data Solutions Engineer
Novotek UK&I is a growing company and is currently on the lookout for a SCADA Data Solutions Engineer. In return, you will be rewarded with the benefits of flexible home-based or hybrid working, annual team incentive scheme, ongoing professional development, including opportunities to develop new technology skills and domain expertise.
Novotek UK & Ireland delivers solutions in Industrial IT and Automation. The idea is to give the customer the freedom to see, control, optimise and follow up all production processes wherever they are. Novotek boasts 30 years of industry experience and continues to deliver pioneering solutions that strengthen our customers’ ability to compete and innovate.
The purpose of the SCADA Data Solutions Engineer is to establish yourself as an extension of our customers' automation and Operational Technology systems teams. The Data Solutions Engineer will demonstrate a deep technical knowledge and creative application of modern Operational Technology software.
Location: Flexibility - this role will work across our entire territory. It can be home-based or Hybrid out of Leeds or Rugeley, Staffordshire.
Key Responsibilities for the SCADA Data Solutions Engineer:
- Establish detailed knowledge of customer automation footprints and their ongoing needs for investment and support
- Design, validate and present Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition and plant IT solutions for greenfield and upgrade scenarios
- Effectively communicate different aspects of automation value propositions to a mix of customer roles, including non-technical people
- Evangelise our key partners' products to customer technical teams and influencers
- Support sales and marketing efforts by building and delivering demonstration solutions for key customers and markets
- Provide support and consultative services to systems integration partners
- Help Novotek sales colleagues identify and qualify automation product opportunities in their customer and prospect base
Qualities We Seek in the SCADA Data Solutions Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, technology or related discipline or equivalent industrial experience such as 5 years’ experience within a hands-on automation or systems engineering role
- Hands-on experience with Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) software packages
- Hands-on experience with solutions such as Historian-style or other data-acquisition tools or development experience focused on screen/UX design
- Practical experience configuring IT infrastructure to run in industrial environments, including use of Windows Server and virtualisation solutions such as Hyper-V or VMWare
If your are passionate about helping the UK Industry modernise and optimise its Automation and Operational Technology then this is the role for you. Apply now for the SCADA Data Solutions Engineer role and help our clients by providing deep technical knowledge and creative application of modern OT software!
Novotek UK&I is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.