Jade Engineering are growing and therefore on the lookout for a Quality Engineer to join our SHEQ Team. In return we offer a competitive salary, 33 days annual leave, private healthcare scheme and a clear progression path for the right candidate.
Jade Engineering boast 40 years’ industry experience and specialise in designing, innovating and manufacturing precision tooling and bespoke machinery for the fenestration industry.
The Role: As The Quality Engineer you will utilise your knowledge in engineering and quality management to implement, maintain and develop the company’s quality management system. It is vital that the Quality Engineer is motivated to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities through continuous improvement. We are looking for a self-starter to improve process performance and work as part of the SHEQ team to achieve a common goal.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
- implementing and improving the Jade Quality Management System to suit the needs of the business and remain complaint with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 across all areas of the business.
- Conducting internal audits to agreed schedules and maintaining all relevant documentation.
- Supporting with external audits to attain the relevant ISO accreditations that are essential to the business.
- Managing internal and external non-conformance concerns, collaborating with the relevant departments to investigate root cause analysis, implement corrective and preventative actions to build a culture of continuous improvement, generate and maintain NCR documentation.
- From the Calibration Register, calibrate the inspection equipment and manage items required to be externally calibrated and ensuring calibration process documentation is up to date.
The Quality Engineer will possess the following skills and experience:
- 5 years of quality engineering experience.
- Completed and passed Time Serviced Apprenticeship or equivalent academic qualifications.
- The Quality Engineer will have experience in calibrating inspection equipment such as Micrometres, Plug Gauges, Digital Verniers etc.
- Competent in reading engineering drawings
- The Quality Engineer will have a proven record in the non-conformance process to ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and devise suitable preventive action plans to ISO 9001:20015 standards.
- Conducting quality audits to ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 8:00am – 3.30pm
Apply Today! If you’re a meticulous Quality Engineer and are looking for a new opportunity to make a real impact on the future of Jade Engineering.
Jade Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin.