We offer great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work! We are currently looking for part time Tyre Fitters to join our Stevenage warehouse. In return we can offer a competitive rate of pay starting at £11.45 per hour, personal and career growth, a friendly and supportive work environment and great benefits including life insurance, optical and dental benefit, pension plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
We are a multi-billion dollar global membership warehouse club, with warehouses in eight countries. We are the recognised leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
The Tyre Fitter will assist members in the selection of correct tyres for their vehicle whilst working as part of a team to fit tyres to vehicles in accordance with company policy.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Locates member car in tyre shop parking area. Lists any body damage on service order. Drives member vehicle into install bay, onto hydraulic hoist and sets brake. Raises vehicle.
- Removes wheel using impact gun. Follows safety and security procedures. Rolls wheel to mounting machine, removes tyre from wheel. Attaches new valve stem, mounts new tyre on wheel, fills tyre to appropriate air pressure.
- Operates automatic balance machine to get reading of proper weight and placement to balance wheel. Attaches lead weights to rims with lead weight hammer.
- Re-attaches wheels to vehicle using impact gun and hand torque wrench according to Tyre Shop procedures.
- Alerts supervisor or manager to complete 9-point check and authorize vehicle release. Parks member auto in carpark, and returns invoice and keys to sales desk.
- Performs second torque check after manager or supervisor on tyres installed by others.
- Cleans install area by sweeping, mopping, spraying, wiping.
- Assists with sales and stocks tyres in sales area in accordance with Tyre Shop Manager’s merchandising plan.
- Assists with front end duties as necessary. Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
Qualifications:(Costco specific or industry-specific skills that candidates should possess)
Education / Training: GCSE standard or equivalent preferred
Licences / Certification: Full, clean Driving Licence
Must be willing to undertake Michelin training
Knowledge / Skills: None.
If you would like to join a team where the employees are the best in the Wholesale industry, then please press apply now.