We are currently seeking an experienced HR Consultant to join our team. Our office is based in Huntingdon, however this role will be looking after the Midlands area.
With 30 years of expertise, we are proud to be an award-winning and accredited education services business. While we are a technology-enabled company, we firmly believe that our success is driven by our dedicated and talented employees. Building lasting relationships with both our customers and employees is at the core of our values, with our average employee tenure standing at an impressive 11 years.
As a company dedicated to education, our team of nearly 275 highly qualified professionals supports over 1,600 schools nationwide.
To provide outstanding customer service by delivering, expert HR expertise in a timely and effective manner generating consultancy fees to support the company’s targets. Using knowledge and experience of conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations to focus on the delivery of a full suite of investigations on behalf of Schools and Academy Trusts.
Constantly striving to improve the efficiency and professionalism of working practices to meet the company’s objective of “clarity and consistency” and working “smarter not harder” to facilitate an increase in customer base whilst maintaining and improving customer service.
• To undertake HR consultancy assignments, as allocated by the Head of Consultancy, and within own sphere of competence.
• To deliver assigned consultancy projects to a high professional standard and within the agreed project scope in a timely manner, including the drafting of project reports and the creation of supporting document bundles, template letters etc as agreed.
• Undertake regular on-site delivery to customers in areas of HR such as (but not limited to) disciplinary and grievance investigations, restructures, harmonisation of terms of employment, mediation, recruitment & selection, safeguarding, HR policy development, training, employee relations advice and other matters.
• To attend and present cases, where necessary, at formal hearings/appeals, up to and including dismissals.
• To support and advise the consultancy customer on how to achieve and maintain an appropriate employee relations climate, where appropriate to the assigned project scope.
• To identify situations where legal/safeguarding support is needed and liaise with EPM colleagues as appropriate.
• To identify new consultancy opportunities with new and existing EPM consultancy customers, such as but not limited to note taking, bespoke training, mediation and eLearning.
• Experience of scoping and delivering grievance and disciplinary investigations for a third party
• Experience of attending hearings up to and including dismissal to advise managers and/or present the case.
• Experience in an advisory position within a human resources environment, which will include advice and support for managers, training, responsibility for issues such as the appointment and dismissal of employees, grievance, disciplinary procedures, absence management, redundancy, etc.
• Competency in interpreting and providing advice on employment legislation and conditions of service to ensure compliance and best practice.
Why choose EPM?
We offer a wide range of benefits that have contributed to our employees' long tenures:
- Enjoy 26 days of annual leave plus 8 days for public holidays.
- Benefit from a generous pension package.
- Access the BUPA Cash Payment scheme.
- Experience flexible working arrangements.
- Participate in the Cycle Scheme.
- Engage in company events.
- Access tailored learning and development programs.
- Join an inclusive and open workplace.
At EPM, we prioritize career progression and are committed to supporting our staff and promoting from within our organization.