Bermuda Industrial Estate
Alternative Plastics is expanding and has a great opportunity for a Machine Operator to join their growing team on the Bermuda Industrial Estate. We provide onsite parking, company uniform, a performance-related bonus, a Christmas bonus and a holiday entitlement of 32 days including bank holidays.
This role is purely dayshift! No rotating shifts and no weekends.
Alternative Plastics remains the largest supplier of specialist Acrylics. We have a proven track record of over 36 years of supplying major companies with specialist acrylics and ancillary products. Most of our sales are for point-of-sale, engineering, fabrication & aquarium markets.
The main duties of the Machine Operator role include:
- Following training you will be using machines to cut, machine and polish plastic (Perspex)
- Rotating between different machines (the job is varied)
- Lifting of materials and boxes
- Picking and Packing (on rotation)
- Some basic computer work, adding consignments
The essential requirements for the successful Machine Operator include:
- A good standard of Maths
- Experience in either Engineering (building jigs, using hand tools and machines) OR Woodwork (measuring, use of hand tools) OR Metal work (sanding and polishing, use of hand tools)
- Physically fit and happy to lift materials and boxes frequently
- Keen to learn multiple jobs
The hours of work are primarily 8.30 am-5 pm Monday to Friday or during hot weather the option of 7 am-3.30 pm.
The salary is £12.05 per hour plus a performance-linked bonus of up to £1,500 per annum.
You may previously have worked as a Machine Operator or machine Shop Assistant to be suitable for this role.
Alternative Plastics is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.