Personal Assistant - Community Support (6 hours per week)
Job Description – Personal Assistant
I am a 7 year old young boy who has been diagnosed with ADHD, developmental delay and leaning difficulties. I live in the Merthyr area with my parents and 2 older siblings. I would consider myself to be happy and confident with lots of energy. I can express my wishes, wants and needs but sometimes I need support with this as I can become overwhelmed and in this situation I can hit out at others and myself. To help me when frustrated using simple and clear instructions in a calm manner helps and also providing countdowns when moving from an activity. I respond well to clear routines and boundaries.
I can easily get distracted and have no road safety awareness/or any sense of danger, so ensuring my safety when out in the community is very important to remember. I am able to use the toilet independently but will need reminding when out in the community.
- Listening to music
- Being outdoors/parks/soft play
- Enjoy water play
- Craft activities
- Playing with cars, Lego and construction toys.
- Yoga activities
- Going to the beach
- Open spaces so I can run around
- To be praised for listening and doing the right thing.
- Doesn’t enjoy being in small parks and small spaces.
- When people say they are not his friend.
Tasks and Duties
This is following what has been agreed by social worker – attached to referral.
- To access the local community and surrounding areas.
- Always ensure my safety.
- Promote my independence.
- Encourage a happy and positive atmosphere when out in the community.
- Provide reassurance when I have become unsettled
Working Hours/Rate of pay
£13 per hour with £0.40 pence per mile
6 hours per week.
Can be worked flexible
Type of person required
- Someone who is kind and patient and will respect my needs
- Someone who has previous experience of working with children with additional needs and behavioural challenges.
- Full UK Driving licence – Desirable
- Reliability is essential
- Someone who is understanding and trustworthy
- Good clear communication skills
- Someone who will encourage independence
Training is accessible if required for the job role
Successful applicants will be subject to a three month trial period
A DBS check will be required, this will be at no cost to yourself
Apply online – in google search engine, precisely enter MRT549482(CB) where it will then take you to where you can apply
For more information please contact ILSmerthyrtydfil@peopleplus.co.uk
Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of Service Users. Should your application be successful, you will be directly employed by the customer and not PeoplesPlus