Mailing Machine Operative
Pro1 Recruitment are currently looking for machine operatives for our very reputable client based in the Erdington area. These roles are permanent, and progression is available for the right candidates.
This role will involve operating brand new machinery, in a very busy commercial printing environment.
• You will be expected to support the supervisor in the smooth running of the team and undertake support tasks as directed.
• You will be responsible in setting up and Operating machines, including all stocks that are relevant to the production of each particular work stream. Ensuring that all loaded materials are correct against supplied samples packs.
• You must ensure that there is a continuous supply of stock to provide an unbroken production run.
• You must carry out QA checks and ensure that they match the signed samples, and that they are recorded onto the appropriate documentation. All paperwork must be filled out to a high level of accuracy and legibility.
• You are responsible for ensuring speed and quality of work is maintained along with accurate documentation, and sufficient stock is available to carry out the work.
• Good time keeping and attendance must be maintained to support the other team members.
• You will be expected to participate in team meetings and to work as a member of a team to ensure fair distribution of the team’s workload ensuring that the teams production targets are achieved.
• Ensure that all work is accurate and consistent throughout the run and is regularly monitored for any defects.
• You are expected to assist the other team members to maintain a tidy and clean work area and ensuring that the machines/factory are regularly cleaned.
• Your experience and skills are to be used to assist/advise/progress other print operators.
We are looking for experienced and committed candidates for this role.
Shifts 6.00am – 14.30pm weekly rotating 14.00pm-22.30pm (40 hours per week). Overtime available.
£22,000 - £28,000 - Dependent on experience.
If you are interested in the role please apply with your CV and we will be in touch.