U-educate are looking for Learning Support & Behaviour Workers to support a SEN school located in Totton. Successful candidates will provide support to the young people with additional needs, specifically learners with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC). The students will all have been identified as having Autism and ASC associated needs and as such are much better suited to 1:1 or 2:1 learning with a bespoke curriculum based on their individual needs. Students are placed with the SEN school in Totton when most other mainstream or specialist schools have failed them. As such, they are likely to have been out of Education for a long period of time having exhausted many placements.
In this role you will be involved exciting and rewarding things like:
- Providing support to students both onsite in lessons and offsite in exciting activities
- Supporting teaching staff to deliver outstanding learning opportunities.
- providing a good example and offering suitable support and direction through the demonstration of honest, understanding and proactive behavior.
- Working as part of a supportive and experienced team showing resilience, initiative and adaptability
Successful candidates will be working a 37.5 hours per week, term time only.
All Candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). At this time we cannot offer sponsorship.
Desirable.....but not Essential:
Whilst we value the knowledge and understand that experience and qualifications can bring, we also know what some of our best people have come to us from unrelated backgrounds. These people already held our core values at heart, and with the dedication of our amazing in-house training and development team, we have supported the rest! .
- To hold a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Award or equivalent or be willing to work toward one