D&D Corporation Ltd is currently recruiting for a Packer of Health & Beauty / household branded products within our growing e-commerce business. The business is based in SL2 5 area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, honest and hard-working person who is well organised and has excellent packing and stock management skills. This key role within the company requires the candidate to possess the ability to work autonomously checking deliveries as they come into business, and efficiently placing stock at appropriate space withing the warehouse. As a Packer, you will be responsible for checking customer orders, printing shipping labels and packing items for shipments.
The successful candidate must have the ability to think logically to manage and rotate stock, excellent fitness level is required with a forward planning mindset. Excellent at packing products to high standards and stacking on the pallets for shipments to leave the business in safe and secure manner.
It is a small business with a friendly environment by keeping welfare of the staff to heart. A candidate with a polite, positive and can do attitude will thrive in this growing business. The warehouse is based in a storage facility, which is kept in a very neat and clean state at all times. Additional perks which comes along with the job are Parking facility and branded products at discounted rates for employees).
Duties & Responsibilities for the Packer role:
You will be responsible for ensuring that customer orders are accurately fulfilled and are packed to a high standard prior to shipment along with working in a health and safety compliant way in the warehouse.
- Locating the correct goods as per customer orders and picking list.
- Using Trolley or pump truck to move goods from storage areas to packaging areas.Inspecting goods for damage or faults before they are packed.
- Using correct packaging materials, such as cardboard boxes, wooden pallets and bubble wrap to safely and securely package goods.
- Ensuring correct shipping label is placed on correctly packed product as per customer order.
- Stacking and shrinking packaged goods onto pallets for shipping
- Ensuring that storage areas are kept fully stocked at all times.
- Following health and safety policies and procedures in the warehouse.
- Ensure stock is stored correctly and safely at designated place.
- Meet weekly Key Performance indicators in relation to accuracy, stock levels, tidiness and shipment of parcels.
To be successful in the Packer role you must have the following key requirements:
- Education minimum GCSE levels in English and Maths.
- Minimum one to two years desirable experience in warehouse environment.
- Ability to accurately check and prepare customer orders.
- Knowledge of the different industrial packaging techniques and materials
- Up to date knowledge of industrial health and safety policies that are applicable to warehouses.
- Ability to spend long periods of time on their feet and lift 10 kg safely.
- Ability to stack goods safely and correctly on pallets for bulk shipments.
- Honest, Hard Working, Organised and the ability to work autonomously.
- Possess good level of common sense, confident communicator with excellent manners.
- Positive mental attitude with start to finish work ethic.
- Willing to Learn, Grow and Achieve Results.
The hours of work are 08:45am-17:30pm with 45 minutes lunch break. However, from time to time you will be expected to stay late to complete the task in hand. We work 7 days a week. You will work for maximum 5 or 6 days however you will be required to work on Saturday or Sunday dependent upon the rota one day over the weekends.
The salary is between £10.50 to £11.50 per hour based on experience.