GDPR Statements are issued on a vacancy by vacancy basis. Each statement is unique to the client, department and the workflow which applies to the vacancy.
Please use one of our channel partners to find a vacancy to apply to and you will be provided with the GDPR statement that accompanies it.
The basic GDPR statement for this application portal can be found below:
Workvine GDPR data management summary
PLEASE NOTE: This is a bullet point summary of our commitments and practices under the GDPR, the full statement can be found below.
Who are we and who sees your data
We are Workvine Ltd. We provide the software the recruiter uses to manage your application and are the primary "Data Processor" dealing with your application.
For direct recruiters, they are a "Data Controller", for agencies, depending on their recruitment practice, they may be a "Data Controller" (usually for temp role recruitment) or "Data Processor" (usually for permanent roles with an employer).
There may be other data processors involved in the process and you will be informed of their involvement. If we need to, we will ask you before providing these third parties with your data. Some third parties can be passed limited data about you without the need for consent.
- Data Controller - The Employer
- Data Processors - The people providing the software or a service to the Data Controller, including (but not limited to):
- An Internet based applicant tracking software provider
- Background checking services
- Outsourced telephone interview service providers
- Agencies providing recruitment services to the Employer
When processing an application, we gather the following information as a minimum:
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- (optional) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
This data is used to enable a recruiter to contact you about the vacancy you've applied to.
When you apply via a job board, sometimes, they send more information than we require. We store this extra information for auditing purposes only. This data may include prior work experience and other employment information you have provided to them in the past.
The Data Controller can ask for further information when processing your application using custom forms defined by them. Custom form data is only ever processed in relation to your application.
Consent and you
- We do not require consent before you make an application.
- The "Data Controller" only requires consent from you where they wish to process your data for reasons outside of the original reason you provided your information e.g. a reason not directly related to an application or talent pool, or passing data to a third party that processes your data for a reason that is unrelated to your application.
- We process all information provided for your application based on the consent level you set.
- Where you do not set consent, if your application progresses to a stage where consent is required, we will ask for it before proceeding.
- Any consent you give is on a per-application or per-employer basis depending on the reason for the consent.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time with no need to provide a reason.
Storing and protecting your data
- Your data is stored on servers provided by the Microsoft Azure platform in their European data centres.
- Your data is never sold for profit.
- Your data is never given to third parties without explicit permission from you except where there is a legitimate interest to do so in the process of evaluating your application. Such a third party would be a Background Checking service or similar.
- On application, if known, any third parties that will be involved in evaluating your application will be disclosed.
- Your data is stored on encrypted drives. (Encryption at rest)
- Access to your data is restricted to the Data Controller (The company recruiting for the role) and Hiring Managers associated with your applications.
- Our staff will only ever access your data if they are instructed to do so by you, the Data Controller, a legal request by a law enforcement agency or if an issue is detected with the system which requires data repair or removal.
- We will notify you of any changes made by the Data Controller to your core data including your name and contact details.
- You can always review your applications and see what data is held in full via the portal provided.
- You can export your data at any time.
- You can remove all your data at any time.
Complaints and requests for information
- Complaints and requests for information should in the first instance be directed to the Data Controller.
- As the Data Processor we provide tools allowing you to access and control all the data held by us for your applications using the portal provided.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of the way in which your data is being held, you can raise the issue with us using our support portal.
- You also have the right to lodge complaints with the Information Commissioners Office.
For more details on any of these points, please refer to our full GDPR data management statement.
Workvine GDPR data management statement
Workvine Ltd ("Workvine") takes the privacy and security of your information very seriously. This policy explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you via the Talentvine Talent Acquisition Platform (referred to below as the “TAP”).
Please read this data management policy carefully.
For the purposes of the GDPR, Workvine is classed as a Data Processor and processes your information on behalf of the Data Controller.
If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us using the contact details set out here and we will do our best to
answer your questions.
Workvine uses the Azure platform from Microsoft to deploy its servers. All of the servers used by the Talentvine platform are restricted to physical locations based in the European Union.
Microsoft and its employees do not have access to any data stored on the Talentvine platform. However, restricted access may be required occasionally to assist with technical issues as they arise.
Personal information collected
The TAP is configurable on a client by client basis to collect any data they deem reasonable for the purposes of recruiting individuals to
open positions that they have.
The TAP requires a minimum of information to start an application which is set out below:
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- (optional) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
The TAP may be configured by the client to request additional information from you in furtherance of your application.
Use of this information
The TAP uses the information you provide to assist our client in the management of the application.
Sharing this information
Where our client requires a third party to process your data, we will make the minimal amount of information available for the process to work. Your data may be shared with a third party as part of your application process for the purposes of telephone interview, assessment or background checks.
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use. We use secure sockets, currently implementing the TLS v1.2 standard to encrypt any personal information you need to input before it is sent to us.
Your password is stored as a one-way hash (a special string of characters mathematically generated using your password as a starting point) using the SHA-512 hashing algorithm which does not contain any trace of your original password. When you login, we re-calculate the hash based on the password you provide and compare it with the hash we store.
All of your data is stored within encrypted databases and on storage mediums with encryption enabled. This is typically referred to as
encryption at rest.
Control over your information
As the data processor, we provide services and facilities that help you to manage your data and exercise your rights according to the GDPR.
These facilities are outlined below:
Your right to withdraw consent
At any time, you can access your application management portal and withdraw your consent for each application individually. When you withdraw consent, your application will still be processed but under the stricter "Legitimate Interest" clauses of the GDPR.
Your right to be forgotten
In addition to the ability to withdraw your consent for individual applications, you can at any time remove either individual applications or all of your data from Talentvine in your account. When you do this, anonymised copies of your applications are retained for reporting purposes.
Your right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way your data has been handled, you have the right to complain at any time. If you wish to make a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer via our Support portal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge complaints with the Information Commissioners Office. Please visit https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for further information or to start a live chat. Alternatively, you may call the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
How we prevent duplicate applications
When you make your application, we store a one-way hash of your e-mail address against the vacancy to which you apply in order to detect and prevent duplicate applications. This hash is not connected to your personal data and will be retained if you remove an application or your entire account.
When you apply to a vacancy, we calculate a one-way hash of the e-mail address you provide and compare the hash against any previous hashes we have stored for that vacancy. If we find a match using this technique, we prevent the application from being made.
Updates to this Notice
We review the ways we manage your information in accordance with the guidelines and legal requirements set out by the GDPR and other relevant Data Protection acts. Because of these reviews we may change how we manage and store the information collected and who we share it with. Consequently, this privacy notice may be updated from time to time.
Contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information. You can do so by sending an e-mail to the data officer or write to us at Unit 42 The Quarters, New Street, Hinckley, LE10 1QY.
Date : 12/Feb/2018